Monday, June 21, 2010

Getting my butt back OP




Each person's body is different but one thing that i have learned for myself is that if I have protein in the morning I am fuller and more satisfied. I can typically last until lunch without chewing my arm off IF I have eggs. This morning I made my two servings of Egg Beaters with Light Laughing Cow Swiss Cheese. I prepare it in a coffee mug and nuke it for 1:30. When I'm living alone and cooking by myself, it is nice not making a lot of dishes to wash :). I accompanied my breakfast with a cup of cantaloupe for a grand total of 3 points. I then went to the gym and had a great workout.

I am making MY FAVORITE OP lunch today to rev me up for my recommitment. This FAVORITE lunch of mine is a mere 3 points. MAKE YOUR OWN PIZZA! I have found some yummy 1 point pitas. I have ordered Western Bagel's Alternative Pitas (110 cal, .5 g of fat, 8 g of Fiber). They are DELICIOUS but there is a 6 package minimum to order, which gets pricey, especially when you are buying them for 1 and freezing the rest. They are carried in some grocery stores but none near me.

I was at Walmart last week and found 1 point Pitas and I am so excited to try them! They are called Joseph's Flax Oat Bran and Whole Wheat Pita Bread (60 cal, 2 g fat, 4 g fiber 1 point). I topped it off with 1/3 cup of Walmart brand's pizza sauce (30 cal, 1 g fat, 1 g fiber 0 points) and 2 servings (1/4 cup for 1 serving) of Kraft Fat Free Mozzarella Cheese (1 serving= 45 cal, 0 g fat, 0 g fiber 2 points for 2 servings). I topped it with some fresh cut onions. All of that for 3 points!! The possibilities with these pizzas are endless. You can top it with turkey pepperoni, onion, better, broccoli, garlic--- whatever! It also makes a fun family activity. My roommates in college and I would always have a "Make your own pizza" night where we could all design our pizzas to our liking and then bake them together. 350* for about 10-15 mins.

The new pitas were delicious and the pizza itself was so tasty. See attached photos!

Being that I am living with my parents for the summer until I start my full-time job in July, I have been very bored. We live on the beach but I do not have any friends here, since they retired here after I graduated and there are not many people my age. I am a bored eater so it's important that I stay busy. That is one of the reasons that I decided to start blogging. If I'm blogging, I'm not eating!! After lunch, I plan on going for a long walk in this blistering heat and then heading to the beach for a couple hours!

I'm excited to get comments-- tell me what you want me to write about! I'm excited to share my journey with you all. After 75 pounds, I do have some wisdom to share but I also have lots and lots to learn!

4 comments:

  1. Hey Kelly! Thanks for following my blog! I'm following you now too. 75 pounds is amazing! Way to go!

    I like to read about new products, cool websites, weight loss/health articles, struggles and successes, recipes....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm giving you a blog award! Check out my blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog is so inspiring! So, I gave you an award on my blog!
    http://runningbetweenthelines.blogspot.com/2011/01/i-got-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep up the great work Kelly! You're so inspiring!

    ReplyDelete